to facilitate support groups for people with Dissociative Identity Disorder, or multiple personality is a rewarding and challenging. In this article I will cover the topics for discussion and skills of effective group leader.
Many of you at the head of the group for support and understanding of the dynamics of transmission. The DID group of clients, each person may be more people of different age groups. Usually it is more confusing for the leader of the participants. Construction of such a group must be able to tolerate ambiguity, shift focus quickly and most importantly have a great sense of humor. There was lots of laughter in my group did a cover of the public and restraint in changing to acting. They love it when I say things like: "Is that all I listen to everybody?" or "Whose story now?" Come to think of it maybe someone who is comfortable with theater and improvisation can make a great leader. the scene is always changing.
I would recommend the group leader have a master's degree, but if you are using volunteers to you May have to settle for an undergraduate degree. You want someone who is truly comfortable with the process group is not only educational group. leaders must be willing to learn as much as you can about this. I highly recommend Dissociative Identity Disorder Sourcebook by Deborah Bray cod for leaders and clients.
I like to start each session with some techniques for calming and grounding. It should be something that they can use in your everyday life. Keep in mind that these meditative type of activity can be very uncomfortable, because the internal turmoil would be louder and silence can also mean that something bad will happen. Trying to find a more active activities such as mindfulness zentangles (Doodle type of therapy), touch texture, coloring mandalas or naming objects. It also helps them generate a list of what works to help them feel safe.
The next issue was presented and discussion usually takes off from there. Sometimes I'll start with the question, the song or view a useful book, other times I'll start with something you've read, such as steps for healing or gifts from insomnia. Usually they start asking questions to each other and share stories. They are so lucky to have a respectable audience that understands.
Here are some of the issues I have to start a conversation:
· Why intimate relationships feel chaotic?
· When is a good idea to tell others about your diagnosis?
· order to conceal the transfer of the public?
· How did you feel when you first were diagnosed?
• What makes you a challenge to live with? What are some tips for people who live with you?
· techniques to cope with excessive internal chatter
· Physical issues include fatigue, a unique allergy, tolerance of physical pain
· challenges of social situations
· Who is the host? Who is the real you?
· interference issues that would be overeating, loss of appetite, difficulty swallowing or starved to feel more alert.
• What do you want more, and less as you continue to heal?
· advantages of having the capacity to do so.
· How does this affect your work life?
The most important feedback I've received is that customers can trust me because "I get it. " I accept chaos and normalize the shifting thoughts. If you're the type who thinks the therapist did was attention seeking or goal is to quickly integrate the dismissal changes will then have to fight with this kind of group. a good group leader should respect that each client has the will to survive and every person has the aim to protect the host from the unbearable pain. Educate yourself, learn to admire the strategy for coping with stress and do not be afraid to use humor.
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar